Welcome!

Come read about my third trip to Washington, D.C., and my competition in the 2013 Scripps National Spelling Bee!

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day One: We're (Finally) Here

So... yeah.  The title says it all.  After 11 solid hours of traveling, we've finally settled down and are more or less set in our new accommodations.

We ended up leaving at about 6:30 and arrived at 5:30.
On the way, we made a few stops and took a few pictures...
We Mom put some signs up in the windows of the van, for all of the passersby to see... oh, well.
A mile marker in Ohio for the Cumberland/National Road

I just made a test on my iPod video function, so I can put videos on here that I take this week.  :)

And I made helpful little heading banners for the later posts, so as to separate the news.  People who know me will appreciate that this is exactly what I would do...


So yeah - that's about all I can think of to put on here for today.
Tomorrow is the Memorial Day barbecue at Turkey Run park off to the west in Virginia.

So I guess that's all for now!

~Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment