Welcome!

Come read about my third trip to Washington, D.C., and my competition in the 2013 Scripps National Spelling Bee!

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day Five: Round Five (and Six)

Half of the 42 spellers, before Round 5

The same half of the 42 spellers, after Round 6
So, as predicted, there are no finals in my future.

I took another computer test last night - a total of 30 points.  I got 12 of those - one three-point vocabulary included.  Then, I missed my Round 5 word - it was ignimbrite, and I spelled it ignembrite (I knew "-mbrite" and "ign-", but I guessed wrong on the vowel).  Oh, well.  So I had a grand total of 44 out of 72 points over today and yesterday:  61%.

So not great in the Semis, but that's not the point.  I made the Semifinals and got on TV, which has been my goal all three years I've been there.

I'm not sure who I want to win tonight...
Mom's pick is either #256 Vismaya Kharkar or #44 Nikitha Chandran.
I don't really have one, but I have seen #163 Arvind Mahankali spell - he's really good, and he has probably the most experience of anyone in the field right now.  He's certainly got what it takes to win.

We shall soon see!  :)

~Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment