Welcome!

Come read about my third trip to Washington, D.C., and my competition in the 2013 Scripps National Spelling Bee!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day Four: Round Four (Part Two of Two)

Yes, you read right - you're reading the blog of one of the top 42 spellers in the world!  (And I'm very modest, too...)

Me and my Semifinalist medal

 So yes, I did get called to be in the Semifinals.  I had 32 out of 36 points when they made the eliminations.  I missed four spelling words on the computer test, but got all of the vocabulary section right!

Immediately after a one-hour break, I was back in the computer room to take the Round Four computer test.  Let's just say that's a whole different ball game...

I'm confident on 4 of the 26 answers that I gave, if that says anything.  The good news is that one of those is one of the three-pointers, but I doubt I'll make the Finals.

But you'll see me on ESPN2 at 2pm EST tomorrow, if you tune in!!

~Joe

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Joseph! I'll be watching for you tomorrow on ESPN2. Lots of love, from Aunt Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Joe!!! Thanks for your call, looking forward to your update! Yay for you! Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete