Welcome!

Come read about my third trip to Washington, D.C., and my competition in the 2013 Scripps National Spelling Bee!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

T+4 days: Wednesday


These are today's stats. Today we had Rounds 2 and 3, one word apiece with each word worth three points. Needless to say, I didn't do too well. (Worse than last year, in fact!) Here are some neat photos, however.
The ESPN3 set


The Spelling Bee set (minus spellers)

Me with 1/4 of the the other spellers (I'm the 3rd row down, 4th from the left)

Me spelling in Round 2 (behind me is #75, Byoul "Star" Han; Dr. Bailly, the pronouncer, in on the bottom right; to his left is associate pronouncer Dr. Sietsema)

Me and my picture on a wall of 2011 speller pictures
That's about all we did today, other than stopping at CVS for some provisions, but that's not worth mentioning. (Oh, wait, I just did. Oh well.)  No more Bee for me now, but that's okay. My picks for the win are either #24: Laura Newcombe or #206 Joanna Ye. See you tomorrow with more info. Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment