Welcome!

Come read about my third trip to Washington, D.C., and my competition in the 2013 Scripps National Spelling Bee!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

T+3 days: Tuesday - Part 2

Did I leave you in suspense? Good. So, to recap, we...
-Had Round 1
Me at the Round 1 table

Elli and I after Round 1 (Check out my quill pen! Kidding.)

-Met Senator Lugar
-Went to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
-And toured the Capitol
Our tour guide at the Capitol told us that the Capitol Visitors' Center was built to house the Senators and Representatives in the event of a nuclear, biological, or chemical attack, "but it also doubles as a visitors' center!" Guess what? You get more ornate photos!
The Old Capitol rotunda (the chandelier was NOT stolen from the Titanic)

A ceiling
I also have some weird interesting pictures, too.
No public Senators allowed!
Supposedly the center of Washington, D.C. If you rub your foot on it, it brings good luck.

And some neat, unrelated ones.
A plaque marking Abraham Lincoln's desk from when he was a representative in the Old House Chamber

The Washington Monument as seen (basically) from the Capitol

The Supreme Court

The Library of Congress
That pretty much concludes the long-awaited second part of my post. Tonight I will give you my score on Rounds 1, 2 and 3, as well as whether or not I get to the Semifinals. Wish me luck, and au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment