Welcome!

Come read about my third trip to Washington, D.C., and my competition in the 2013 Scripps National Spelling Bee!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Anticipation, again









First off, I would like to thank everyone who got me here, going to the Scripps National Spelling Bee for the second year in a row!  Thanks to my family--Dad, Mom, sisters Elli and Meghan, and Grandma Susan, who helped me study for the Regional Bee.  Thanks also to my English/Language Arts teacher, Mr. Pike, who has been using the National Spelling Bee list to supplement my spelling words at school.

This was my first year at Anderson's East Side Intermediate School.  Congratulations to everyone who competed there!  The Regional Bee this year was a lot harder than last year (I even missed a word--but so did everyone else in that round!), so congratulations to everyone who competed that night as well.  Here is a link to the story in the Herald Bulletin, who sponsored the Regional Bee.

Last year I went to DC to compete in the National Spelling Bee, and I kept a blog at the Herald Bulletin site.  I was eliminated after the preliminary rounds, tying for 49th (along with 223 other spellers!) out of 273.  I'm hoping to do a little better this year--maybe even get on TV.  The semifinals (10:00 a.m.) and finals (8:30 p.m.) will be broadcast live on ESPN, Thursday, June 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment